NodeSquirrel is a cloud Backup service for Drupal. It is built using Drupal and a combination of contributed and custom modules. In NodeSquirrel, Drupal powers:
- The front end selling site at http://nodesquirrel.com
- The management console where users can change their settings and view their backups.
- The API servers with which customer Drupal sites communicate via XMLRPC to send backups, retrieve file listings etc.
This session will cover:
- An overview of the distributed, redundant architecture of the service.
- How we used contributed Drupal modules such as Services, Rules and Views to do a lot of heavy lifting.
- How custom code fills the gaps and provides the business logic.
- Special considerations for using Drupal as as a web service rather than a website
The session will not get too deep in the coding weeds but attendees should be comfortable with basic Drupal and development concepts.
Collaborative notes link: http://bit.ly/13g9dGH
What considerations and modules to use when thinking about using Drupal to build a web service.